Thursday, February 9, 2012

Joe’s American Bar and Grill Post Road Fairfield, CT


The first Fairfield restaurant to check off of our list was Joe’s American Bar and Grill on Post Road. I’ve never personally heard anyone say they hate Joe’s food and that’s saying a lot because I used to be a waiter there! I worked there over the summer and last semester, so for about 6 months. When you first start orientation at Joe’s you get to try all the different food they offer. By the end of my orientation I had got to try almost everything on the menu… appetizers, entrees, salads, pastas, soups, desserts, you name it.
On my most recent visit I got something new that I had never tried. I ordered the full rack of Baby Back Ribs. They were so good! They were falling off the bone and the BBQ sauce was awesome too. The ribs came with cole slaw. I usually hate cole slaw, unless its my grandma’s freshly made cole slaw but Joe’s never disappoints. Also, the fries are hand cut and freshly made in the restaurant, so needless to say they are delicious.
Going into Joe’s with the intent of writing about their made me realize that I could not be cheap and not go for dessert. So I got my favorite, which is the Brownie Sundae. Despite the plain name, It is anything and everything but plain. It is a huge baked brownie with 2 scoops of ice cream on top with hot fudge and whipped cream. It also comes with almonds on top too but I’m allergic so that’s a no go. That’s besides the point though, if you like brownies this is like a brownie on steroids. Totally suggest it.

**side note: Joe’s desserts are not meant for just one person, sharing is caring**

Here’s a few words from Joe’s themselves: “Our menu features all the classic American favorites along with some of our own signature dishes.  Popular dishes include fall-off-the-bone ribs, succulent prime rib, roasted chicken, juicy burgers with hand-cut fries, homemade soups, fresh signature salads and tempting appetizers including our crab cakes and crispy calamari.  Our dessert menu is tailor made for the dessert lover with our own warm apple walnut crisp, brownie ice cream sundae, our famous chocolate cake and apple pie.”

We highly recommend everyone checks out Joe’s ASAP!
5 Stars!

1 comment: